We made it!
Spring Clean Veggie Soup
• 1 onion, cut into quarters and thinly sliced
• 1 bulb of fennel, cored and sliced
• 3 gloves of garlic, minced
• 6 cups of cold water
• 2 large tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks
• 1 yellow squash, quartered and sliced
• 1 green squash, quartered and sliced
• 1 15 oz. can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 cups of green beans
• 2 tsp. of olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and a big pinch of salt and sauté until the onions begin to brown around the edges, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the fennel and garlic and sauté another 5 minutes or so, or until the fennel is tender.
Add tomatoes and about 6 cups of cold water. Give it another pinch of salt and pepper here, then crank that baby to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Add squash, green beans, and kidney beans. Simmer until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes. (Serves 6)